IMPORTANT INFORMATION: WINTER RECESS
Please refer to the following information when making your preparations
for Winter Recess. If you have any questions or concerns please contact
the Master’s Office at 432-0720. Thank you.
Student rooms and University-operated annexes must be vacated by NOON ON
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 23. Rooms may be reoccupied on Wednesday, January 13 at 9:00 a.m. There are no exceptions to this rule.
For your information, University and contracted workers may enter student
rooms during Winter Recess in order to complete scheduled and/or emergency
repairs. Fire marshals will be entering every room and, in addition to their regular checks for fire safety hazards, will make a note of those rooms that are deemed excessively unkempt or notify the college facilities superintendent.
Please remember to:
1. Close ALL windows.
2. Turn off lights.
3. Unplug appliances. (Except for refrigerators.)
4. Remove items stored on top and in front of radiators.
5. Remove bicycles from areas that will need to be plowed if it snows. DO NOT USE THE BIKE RACK LOCATED BETWEEN ENTRYWAYS B AND C IN POTTY COURT. USE THE RACKS NEAR ENTRWAY E. Please make sure your bike is locked.
6. In-suite bathrooms will be cleaned as well as shelves in hallway bathrooms. PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS.
6. Do not leave valuable items in your room. If it is not possible to take these items home, please check with the office for other arrangements.
7. Leave the heat on in your room on the normal setting.
8. Student access to College and Old Campus gates and entryways will be deactivated during Winter Recess.
9. And most importantly, don’t forget to take your passport, credit cards, debit cards, or any other documentation you cannot do without during the recess with you. For emergency access after the college is closed, and ONLY for emergencies, please contact Security at 203-785-5555. You will need to be escorted in to and out of the college after is officially closes at noon on Wednesday, December 23.
Students who will not be in residence during Spring Term must:
1. Remove personal belongings from his/her room.
2. Students will be bursar billed for any missing furniture and/or dirty rooms.
3. Return all keys and Custodial sign-out sheets to this office by NOON ON
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 23. (Please contact the Master’s Office if you need to make special arrangements.) If the office is closed, please slide your keys under the office door. USE A KEY ENVELOPE ATTACHED TO THE CUSTODIAL SIGN OUT SHEET WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN THE MASTER’S OFFICE.
4. Each student will be allowed to store three (3) boxes in Trumbull’s long term storage. Please contact Debbie at 432-0720 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for storing your three (3) boxes.
International Student Housing
If you have not already made arrangements for winter break housing, please
contact Ann Kuhlman in the Office of International Students and Scholars
at 203-432-9686, or by Email (email@example.com).